Position of the annual competition for competition
literary prize «Altyn tobylgy»
- General Provisions
- This Regulation determines the procedure for awarding the literary prize «Altyn tobylgy», established by the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy (hereinafter referred to as the «Prize»).
- The purpose of the Prize is to support, develop and popularize contemporary Kazakh literature.
- The objectives of the Prize are:
- identification and encouragement of young Kazakhstani writers, reflecting the life philosophy of a new generation in contemporary fiction;
- assistance in shaping the trends of the modern literary process;
- Attracting public attention to new names in contemporary literature.
- The founder and organizer of the Prize is the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy (hereinafter – the Founder of the Prize or the Foundation of N. Nazarbayev).
The partners in the competition for awarding the Prize are the Writers’ Union of Kazakhstan and the Foundation for the Development of the State Language.
- The prize is awarded on a competitive basis in the following nominations:
1) «The best prose of the year»;
2) «The best poetry of the year»;
3) «The best drama of the year»;
4) «The Best Children’s work of the Year»;
5) «The best work dedicated to the 20th anniversary of Astana»
- The winners are awarded the title of Laureate of the Literary Prize «Altyn tobylgy» and receive a monetary award in the amount of 1 million tenge. A special award of 1.5 million tenge is given to the winner of the nomination, dedicated to the theme «20th anniversary of Astana».
2.The order of carrying out
Announcement of the beginning of the competition for the Prize is published on the website of the Foundation of N.Nazarbayev www.fpp.kz and in the mass media.
- The deadline for the submission of copyright works is set from July 1 to November 1, 2018.
- The results of the competition are summarized in the first decade of December 2018.
- The procedure for submitting works for the Prize
- To participate in the competition are accepted works of young writers aged from 18 to 35 years in Kazakh and / or Russian.
- The author has the right to participate in two categories.
- Requirements for copyright works:
1) no more than two works from one author are allowed for competitive selection, which have not been published before;
2) are not allowed to participate in competitive works containing profanity, violating ethical norms and copyrights;
3) the manuscript should be in A-4 format, font Times New Roman, font size 14, line spacing 1.5. The volume of the manuscript should be:
for prose – not less than 35 pages;
for poetry – not less than 5 pages;
for a dramatic work – not more than 30 pages;
for children’s work – not more than 25 pages;
the theme «20th Anniversary of Astana» includes any works (prose is not less than 35 pages, the poem is not less than 5 pages, the drama is not more than 30 pages, the children’s work is not more than 25 pages);
4) the competitive application must be sealed in a single envelope marked «Literary Prize» Altyn Tobylgy» as follows:
1) a work printed out in one copy without the author’s indication (for observing the conditions of anonymity), and 2) an internal envelope with a sheet enclosed in it with information about the author – the surname, name, patronymic, date of birth, address of the place of residence , contact numbers, e-mail.
- The application is sent by post to the address: Astana, A.Bokeykhan Str, 1, the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy, and also sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By sending an application for participation in the competition, the author of the work thereby:
- confirms its authorship;
- gives consent and the right to the organizers of the Prize to publish the work in the media, as part of compilations at the discretion of the Organizer and on the Internet;
- does not claim to pay royalties.
- The sent manuscripts are not reviewed and do not return.
- All the costs associated with the delivery of work to the organizer, as well as participation in the award ceremony, are borne by the participants.
4. The procedure for determining the winners
- The evaluation of the manuscripts and the determination of the winners (winners) of the Prize is carried out by a competitive jury formed by the Founder of the Prize from among well-known and authoritative Kazakh writers, and poets, publishers, as well as representatives of the Founding Prize and partners of at least 7 members.
- The composition and the chairman of the Jury are approved by the Founder of the Prize.
- The jury has the right not to consider works that do not meet the requirements of the Prize (including anonymous works).
- The entries for the competitive selection of works are sent to all members of the jury in compliance with the principle of anonymity (without the author’s indication).
- The final decision is made by open voting with a quorum of less than 2/3 of the total number of members.
- In order to maintain objectivity, all works are evaluated in compliance with the principle of anonymity. In assessing the work of the jury members are guided by the following criteria: the relevance and originality of the topic, the expressiveness / imagery of the language of presentation.
- Prior to the adoption of the final decision, the principle of anonymity is preserved.
- The decision of the Jury is final and not subject to revision.
- In the absence of works deserving the award of the Prize, the Jury has the right to invite the organizers to refuse to award the nomination in full or in part.
8 7172 708 318 – Bulhairov Serik Mamyrovich