25.04.2017 | In Almaty, will be determined the winners of the annual contest of social projects, among NGOs.
April 27-28, 2017, the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – the Leader of the Nation holds the traditional annual Fair of Social Ideas and Projects, in Almaty.
The Fair of Social Ideas and Projects is the final stage of the contest for Kazakhstan’s NGOs, which consists of three stages. The first two rounds of the competition included accepting applications, conducting training webinars and selecting social projects for their presentation at the Fair. The competition is called “Innovative Kazakhstan: from the «green» economy to an ecological culture of a new type”, and it was held since February 10, to March 20, 2017.
The purpose of the event is to support the projects and initiatives of non-profit public organizations of Kazakhstan in solving urgent social and significant problems of society.
Each year, the actual topics and nominations of the competition are announced. The topic determines the composition of the contest participants. This year the event is dedicated to the International Specialized Exhibition “Astana EXPO-2017”. And this means that NGOs have submitted applications for the contest, implementing innovative technological, environmental and cultural projects.
The competition of social ideas and projects is presented into 5 categories:
- “Innovative potential of youth: the formation of an ecological culture of a new type”;
- “The practice of innovation”;
- “Human ecology:” green “ideas of young innovators”;
- “Environmental Law and Environmental Culture”;
- “Youth Environmental Initiative”.
– “For its history, the fair annually proves its importance for many public organizations directly involved in the development of the civil sector of the country. Under the arches of the fair, people and organizations who are not indifferent to each other are united to exchange experiences, get new knowledge, present their ideas, and direct joint efforts to solve social problems. They are all different, somewhere even competitors, but they are united by one goal – to make life better, better, more interesting and brighter. Thus, NGOs meetings, as a fair of social ideas and projects, are necessary to show the tremendous work that is being carried out across the country, including remote corners of the country, to address pressing problems”, said Kanat Dzhumabayev, the Executive Director of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
It should be noted, that more than 100 non-governmental organizations from all over Kazakhstan will take part in the Fair of Social Ideas and Projects within two days. The activities of these NGOs, which submitted 139 projects and initiatives, are aimed at promoting and popularizing ecological culture, eco-innovations, “green” scientific, technical and socio-cultural technologies, healthy lifestyles, civil responsibility, etc.
A notable feature of the forthcoming Fair will be the planting of the “Green alley”. The winners of the last years, members of the competitive commission and honorary guests of the Fair of Social Ideas and Projects will take part in the environmental action.
As a result of the Fair, the jury of the contest of social ideas and projects will determine the best NGOs projects that the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan will sponsor.
Also in the program of the Fair: demonstration of social projects, video presentation of projects, a meeting of the competitive commission, lecture hall, award ceremony of the winners.
We offer to familiarize with the detailed program of the event and accept our invitation to the “Fair of Social Ideas and Projects – 2017”.
By accreditation questions to the Fair, organization of interviews, photo-video shooting, etc., please contact the press service of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Press Service of the Foundation of the First
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
PR-manager, Artur Zhumashev
+7 727 2700 641, +7 708 960 56 13