1.11.2018 | The republican competition «Caravan of Kindness» was started
The briefing was held at the Central Communications Service of Astana, at which was announced the start of the republican contest «Caravan of Kindness».
The competition is organized by the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Association of Business Women of Kazakhstan with the support of the «Khabar» and «KTK» TV channels.
The purpose of the competition is to popularize the ideas of charity, the development of an active civil initiative.
During the briefing, the Deputy Executive Director of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Elbasy Sultan Aitzhanov noted: «On the one hand, by organizing this contest-action, we set the task to popularize the actions of people who help the needy and perform noble deeds. On the other hand, we are helping to educate the younger generation with vivid examples of the manifestation of kindness and not indifference, with high moral standards and principles».
Individuals and legal entities that contribute to the solution of social problems and motivate others with their good deeds can become participants in the competition.
The President of the Association of Business Women of Kazakhstan, Raushan Sarsembayeva, explained that from all regions of the country between November 2018 and February 2019, work will be carried out on the selection of contestants. The winners will be determined at the end of February – on the eve of the celebration of Thanksgiving Day.
Winners will be determined by nominations:
– «Asar» (the nomination is aimed at encouraging people whose charitable activities are connected with folk traditions and customs);
– «Tugan Zher» (for people assisting their native land in the field of education, ecology and landscaping);
– «Batyl zhurek» (in the framework of the nomination, a person who committed a heroic act and showed dedication will be encouraged);
– «Meirim Zholynda» (the nomination will be handed to a person who provides assistance, performs good deeds on a voluntary basis and free of charge);
– «Kaiyrymdylyk Tarikhy» (the nomination will be awarded to a journalist or creative team for the best media coverage of the topic of charity, ensuring the release of materials that attract public attention to social problems)
During the briefing, it was noted that business entities and persons whose charitable activities are associated with state support (state grant, government order, etc.) cannot participate in the competition.
In order to increase the awareness of citizens about the holding of a contest-action on republican TV channels, a thematic video and news programs about the project participants will be published.
It is planned that the contest «Caravan of Kindness» will become traditional and will be held on an annual basis.